A few months ago, we released the first version of VB3. And while some liked the powerful new features of VB3, we also received negative feedback on how the new site broke familiar patterns people had grown accustomed to on the current version of VideoBox.
Well, we listened to your feedback. We’ve redesigned and simplified large sections of VB3. Please take a look, and let us know your thoughts.
Overview of the changes
- We simplified the Movie, Scene and Clip pages, making them look more like they do on the current VideoBox.
- We made the movie detail page look more like it does on the current VideoBox, and brought back 6 large preview thumbnails.
- We added a new way to browse called “Flow Mode”. Try it, you might like it
But what did you take away?
We took away some power user features in the interest of simplicity and familiarity with the current VideoBox. In particular, we removed:
- The preview player on the top left portion of the Movie, Scene and Clip pages. This player broke the convention that “clicking on a thumbnail leads to the movie playing”.
- The chicklets above each piece of content.
- We removed the elements in the footer that allowed you to customize the look of the browse page as well as access your Stash (formerly called Favorites.)
- The “Customize my VB” button. This button was never implemented, and as we dug deeper into the work required to allow customers to filter out certain types of content, we realized it was a very complex feature to build. We may bring it back in the future.
Some upcoming changes include
- Ability to “flow mode” your stash.
- Page to view comments and public stash of other users (as exists in current VideoBox).
- New mobile site.
- Improved Roku app.
So please try out the new version of VideoBox. Let us know what you think. And enjoy the two new channels (Kink and Reality Kings).
Tags: hot news