1. Eligibility: VideoBox.com’s 2016 St. Patrick’s Day Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to paying members in good standing at VideoBox.com at the time of the prize drawing and are at least eighteen (18) years old, or the age that is the legal standard for viewing adult-only content in their community, at the time of entry. All entrants must be opted-in to receive email from VideoBox.com at the address on file in his/her account. Employees of VideoBox (“Administrator”), and their partner and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a drawing (the “Sweepstakes”).
2. Timing: The Promotion begins on March 15, 2016 at 3:00pm Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on March 31, 2016 at 11:59pm PT (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, all visitors who join VideoBox.com by clicking on the email advertising the Promotion will be automatically entered in a drawing for 1 (one) of 5 (five) prize packages. Once you have signed up successfully, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of all aspects of the Sweepstakes.
Limit: Each participant is eligible to receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Administrator is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the username that is entered will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. Sweepstakes Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select one (5) potential winner from all eligible entries on or around April 4, 2016.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL WINNERS HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANTS HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. ADMINISTRATOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by email. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All alternate potential winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Only three (3) alternate winners per prize will be selected, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
7. Prize: All 5 prizes include, at a minimum: 1 pot, a minimum of 10 DVD movies in their cases, and other prizes yet to be determined. The Sweepstakes Grand Prize will also include the following: 1 (one) Roku Streaming Stick, as depicted here: http://www.roku.com/products/streaming-stick; if grand prize winner does not have an HD TV, the Roku 1 — depicted here: http://www.roku.com/products/roku-1 — may be requested by grand prize winner instead. Winners will be notified by email, at which time grand prize winner may specify which of the 2 Roku models he/she prefers.
A free Roku stick, and therefore the grand prize, is only available to citizens of the 50 United States, Armed Forces Americas, District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico. Grand prize is invalid in any other geographical area. Shipments can only be made to a verifiable physical address; no post office boxes, mail services, or any locations other than a residence or physical place of business are eligible. VideoBox and Meta Interfaces, LLC are not directly responsible for shipping and cannot be held liable in the event of shipping error by carriers responsible for fulfillment and delivery; any and all inquiries regarding lost, missing or stolen shipments must be made directly to the responsible carrier, whose name and information can be supplied to you by VideoBox support staff upon your request.
Roku, Inc. has not sponsored or endorsed any VideoBox services and is in no way affiliated with VideoBox, the web site at VideoBox.com or the Administrator.
Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Prize depends upon the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
For All Prizes: No cash equivalent will be offered, all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Administrator’s sole discretion. Administrator reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners must accept the prize as received and are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless VideoBox, and its respective parent, subsidiary, partner and affiliate companies, suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Administrator’s and its agents’ use of winner’s username and opinions for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Administrator’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Administrator or Administrator in its sole discretion. In such event, Administrator reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email, or on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Sweepstakes; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Administrator, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Administrator reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a state or federal court located in Oakland, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Administrator in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
14. Winners’ List: To receive a list of the winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: VideoBox.com’s Roku Giveaway – Winners’ List, Attn: Marketing, PO Box 71714, Oakland, CA 94612, within sixty (60) days of expiration of the Sweepstakes Period. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to VideoBox.com’s Roku Giveaway – Official Rules, Attn: Marketing, PO Box 71714, Oakland, CA 94612, prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Administrator: VideoBox, PO Box 71714, Oakland, CA 94612.